Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mom_ _

I could write an entire book on all of the lessons that my mom has taught me over the years. However, one of the greatest lessons I have learned from my mom is how to be a good hostess. I have always loved watching how she makes everyone who enters her home feel welcome, completely comfortable and loved. She has always gone out of her way to add touches to her home that make people feel special. There may be your favorite magazine waiting for you on your bed, walking in the door to the scent of fresh cookies, or a hug as you pass in the hallway. Whatever it is, there is always some touch that makes you feel like you are important to her.

Some entertaining lessons my mom has taught me: how to set a table (including which side of the plate the fork goes on), how to plan a menu (always make sure you have color on the plate!), how to decorate your table and home, how to make a beautiful flower arrangement, how to make the most comfortable bed (ever!), how to make sure your guest has everything they need during their stay, and of course all those extra special touches.

These lessons in hospitality have shaped how I treat those who come into my own home. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to entertain. There is something so exciting to me about being able to open up my home to others. I hope that this is a lesson that I can continue to pass on.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

This is so true of your mom Kyla! I have been so blessed to receive this kind of sweet love from her whenever I visit! I see so much of her beauty in you and the way you too make others feel loved and cared for. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Kristen said...

P.S.
This is an awesome picture of you guys!