Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today my parents are celebrating their 29th anniversary! I have learned so much about love and what it means to work together in a marriage from watching them. I love them both and wish them all the best!

One of my favorite Bible translations is "The Message" by Eugene Peterson. I thought I would share his version of 1 Corinthians 13 with you.


"If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy, but don't have love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate...If I give up everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.


Love never gives up.
Love cares more for other than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always 'me first',
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel wen others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.


Love never dies... We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all clearly then, see it as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead up toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the best of the three is love."

On another note, I love receiving comments from those of you reading my blog. If you like what you see or have feedback about something, let me know! Also, let me know if there is something you would like to see/hear more about. I love hearing from you and will always try to respond as often as possible. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness! I just talked to your mom for a half an hour and had NO IDEA it was her anniversary! What a goober I am. Happy Anniversary to you them through this comment section :)I think the way they have FUN is an inspiration and I love watching them together.