Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Knit 10, Pearl 10, Knit 10, Pearl 10...

A few years ago my mom taught me how to knit scarves. I was immediately hooked. I spent hours knitting my first scarf, and it was a beauty. Unfortunately, my mom hadn't shown me how to end the scarf so I just kept knitting and knitting. By the time she showed me how to finish, the scarf had become almost as long as I was tall! I still wear it today, and it definitely keeps me warm as I wrap it around and around and around my neck.

After making more scarves then I could ever wear, and giving them to many friends, I took on a new challenge. Baby blankets. I picked out a simple pattern and involved only knit and pearl stitches (nothing fancy for me yet).My first blanket took me a very long time to finish, but the second one came much more easily.

It was a very simple pattern which basically consisted of repeating knit 10, pearl 10, and ending with 6 rows of knitting. Here is a site that I found for simple baby blanket patterns: Knitting Pattern Central. I love being able to share this craft with others, and this blanket is for a good friend's daughter, Maddie. I recently found out that another friend is expecting her first little one in January and my cousin is having twins, so I better get working on that next blanket!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

this is adorable! Will you teach me how to do it? It sounds like a great "at the cabin" kind of project! WHO is having twins by the way?