Saturday, July 12, 2008

Love Began In A Garden

The Ladies Tea today was a success!

Everyone had a lot of fun despite the H-O-T hot weather.




Here is a picture of the tables set in the garden.


Each table had a centerpiece created with moss and rocks foraged by my mom and I at Lake Wenatchee and fern palms from our backyard. I love that we created such a beautiful centerpiece without flowers and it didn't cost a thing!

At each place setting we had a small 2" box holding a single carnation (yes that's right a carnation!) with a quote about gardens. This was originally an idea from Kelley Moore used at this year's annual Opera Gala. At the end of the event all of the guests took their box home as a way to remember the party and the fun memories.


Each of the younger girls that attended the party received a box filled with treats including a flower pen, paper, candy and stickers.


Martha would be proud. We filled random bottles from around the house with single stems of astillbe found in my mom's garden. It was gorgeous!

It was such a beautiful day, full of fun memories. I am blessed to be able to spend time with the women in my family, and I am thankful for the time we spent in the garden.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

oh.my.goodness. It was so lovely and personally, I think you could totally take Martha. I am so so impressed and wondering where my share of the entertaining genes could possibly be hiding...
Love,
Kristi
PS. Can I get copies of some of your pictures? The one of Maia with her flower pen looks so cute!