Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Art of Repetition

This morning Adam and I walked over to the Bellevue Arts Fair that had taken over much of downtown. The streets were packed with vendors selling their crafts, and the smell of kettle corn and funnel cake wafted through the air. I was very impressed that there were so many creative people participating in this event! There was one artist that really caught my attention. Owen Mortenson is the creative force behind Leaf Botanical Art. He presses leaves, fern palms and other pieces of nature and then creates beautiful framed designs. Here are some of my favorite designs:



The repetition of one shape in this artwork reminded me of a creative collage I saw on the blog House on Hill Road. She punched out the same shape using pages from various magazines and catalogs and mounted them with foam dots on a painted piece of wood. She actually got the idea from another blogger, Ali Edwards who framed her collection of butterfly punches.

Ok, now I've added this to my "To-Do List" of creative projects!

No comments: