Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving Tabletop

This year my parents are hosting Thanksgiving at the cabin. The entire extended family will gather in the cozy house, most likely with the snow falling outside and a blazing fire inside. My mom has asked me to help with the decorations, and given the rustic atmosphere we have decided to decorate using nature as our guide. Here is the inspiration board for this festive affair:



-I love using textures in design. The feathers bring a soft, elegant layer to the tabletop. View the pheasant feather centerpiece here and the place setting here.

-These place cards create the affect of falling leaves scattered across the table.

-Given that my maiden name is Johnson, the Johnson Brothers plates are perfect for a family gathering. My mom has a collection that has been in the family for years.

-This centerpiece is created with many layers. Carmel colored felt, rich satin ribbon, scattered leaves and a pedestal full of miniature pumpkins and gourds.

No comments: