Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Comfort Week - Candlelight

This week we are talking about comfort, and one of my favorite comfort items is candles. There is something incredibly soothing to me on a cold rainy day to light a few candles throughout my home.

Skeem is a line of candles that I absolutely love. They come in beautifully designed, silk-screened glass containers that are filled with a soy/paraffin wax blend. I haven't found a scent that I don't like! My favorite is Clove Pomegranate. The best part is that after the candle has been fully enjoyed, the container can be used as a drinking glass.

(Photo courtesy of Skeem Design)

If tea lights and votives are more your cup of tea, then check out Glassybaby. This company is run by fabulous people who have a passion for beauty and design. Each candle holder is hand blown, and the are available in about 70 different colors. If you live in the Seattle area then you should check out their store and studio in Madrona. You can watch as the talented artists create these unique pieces of art. They have also recently opened retail space in University Village and Bellevue Square!

(Photo courtesy of Glassybaby)

No comments: