Thursday, November 20, 2008

Put Your Blessings Into Writing

Each of us is blessed in incredible ways, but often the things we should be thankful for go unnoticed in the busyness of life. Many years ago I started a thankfulness journal as a way to remember all that I have to be thankful for. At the end of the day I'll sit down and write out five things I have to be thankful from that day. Some days I have to think quite hard and may come up with something as silly as "My coffee tasted extra delicious this morning". Other days I have to pick the best of the best for my top five. Every now and then I'll flip through my pages of blessings. You can't help but feel overwhelmed with all of the blessings that have been poured on you.

2 comments:

Lisa Jennings said...

This is a beautiful idea Kyla! We have so much to be thankful for, even if it is the smallest things! Have a great day, blessings!

Anonymous said...

I did this with my classroom this month... such a good reminder! :)