Friday, August 15, 2008

Nature's Air Conditioning

Here in the Northwest, we're apparently breaking records with the hot weather we've been having. It's been beautiful, but at a certain point a girl has GOT to cool off! We have fans going in the house, but no ac. Even the air conditioning in the car is broken! So I began searching for a way to cool down. I could sit in front of a fan or stick my head in the freezer, but neither of those options are very entertaining. That's when it came to me...

There is nothing quite as refreshing as having the wind blow in your face as you coast down a hill on your bike. So I fastened my helmet, hopped on my bike and began my ascent to the top of the nearest hill. With a brief pause at the top (to catch my breath!), I zoomed down the hill quickly picking up speed.

Ahhh...so refreshing!

My search for the next big hill took me on an adventure over the I-90 bridge. I wish I had my camera with me because it was gorgeous! The sun was setting and reflecting off of the water. Picture perfect.

Now I'm back at home with my dog, Duke, who is sitting in front of a fan. I guess he is hot too...



No comments: