Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to School Entertaining

I used to love the first day of the new school year. Organizing my new school supplies into my backpack, picking out the perfect outfit, getting onto the bus with friends and the nervous feeling of wondering if I would be able to get my locker open or find my next class. It's such a special time that deserves a party marking the end of summer and the beginning of a new start.
Turn your home into the kid's school by decorating with the school colors. Create various "classrooms" by having the kids go to the "Art Room" to create decorations for their lockers, to the "Cafeteria" for lunch, and out to "Recess" for a game of kickball or tag.
For your "Cafeteria" decor create a centerpiece with various glass containers filled with colored pencils. It adds color and it's a fun way to decorate with school supplies.






Continue the school theme with these creative ceramic "Memo" trays from Fishes Eddy.

Idea courtesy of Totally Tabletops.


Make sure and send your guests home with a bag full of fun school supplies. Your party will be sure to get everyone excited for the new school year.

No comments: