Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Passing of an Admirable Man

I have been m.i.a. this past week because my grandpa passed away. He was more than a great man. He was a Papa, Great-Grandpa, Dad, father-in-law, son, brother, friend, leader, community cultivator, record-breaking golfer, lover of God, family, horses, music and nature. He was always humming, whistling or singing a tune. His love of nature and music, and his words of wisdom were passed on throughout our family. In his last days I was able to spend some very sweet and special moments with him. The family gathered around his bed in prayer, tears, laughter and song. Because of his faith, my family is one that is full of believers.

While pulling pictures for a slide show, we came across this poem that perfectly articulates who he was...


An Admirable Man

If a man is honest with other
and with himself...
If he received gratefully and gives quietly...
If he is gentle enough to feel
and strong enough to show his feelings...
If he is slow to see the faults of others
but quick to discover their goodness...
If he is cheerful in difficult times
and modest in success...
If he does his best to be true to his beliefs...
then he is truly an admirable man.

I love you Papa and I miss you, but I know right now you're dancing around the throne.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family, Kyla.