Thursday, April 2, 2009

Style Without Breaking the Bank - Easter Centerpiece

(Photo courtesy of BHG)
This week's installment of "Style Without Breaking the Bank" is all about your Easter tabletop centerpiece. Easter is such a special time to gather friends and family around your table, and you don't have to spend oodles to make a statement. Every day I see more and more flower buds beginning to open signifying the start of spring. I love having fresh flowers in the house as well this time of year, but they can be expensive.

Now you may gasp at what I'm going to tell you, but carnations are a perfect flower for a bold, tight packed centerpiece. I know...gasp! When packed in a tight arrangement, carnations can actually give the appearance of garden roses for a fraction of the cost. The picture above is a perfect centerpiece for your Easter table incorporating pale pastel Easter eggs and tightly packed carnations displayed on a cake stand pedestal. Below, you'll see an elegant alternative using small paves of dusty pick carnations in silver julep cups. I hope you are inspired to grab some carnations and a few containers from around your home, and see what you can come up with!

(Photo courtesy of Chelsea Hixon featured on Totally Tabletops)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thank you....now I have my centerpiece planned for Easter!