Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bring On The Christmas Decorations!

Back when I was decorating our home for fall, I talked about these simple glass containers. For October and November they were filled with pine cones, beaded mini pumpkins and leaves.

This weekend instead of crashing into a turkey induced coma, once we got home from a fun and family filled time at the cabin, I set my i pod to shuffle in the holiday genre and got to work decorating for Christmas. I slowly pulled my decorations out of their boxes as if I were opening up a treasure chest. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved decorating for the holidays, and that is something that has never changed.

The glass containers were actually the first thing I decorated. I filled them with an assortment of faux snow, crystals, faux cranberries, glitter stars, gold ornaments and beaded fruit. I have collected these items over the years, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Start with faux snow and ornaments, and then add whatever fits with your own personal decor.

Decor tip: If you're using large containers and don't have enough items to fill them with, twist up tissue paper and put it in the middle of the container. Surround the paper with your decorations until it's completely hidden. This will allow all of your decorations to be seen.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

so cute! Will you come decorate my house? love you,
K