Thursday, October 23, 2008

Festive Feathered Wreath

I recently saw this fantastic feathered wreath while perusing my Pottery Barn catalog. The look is dramatic and a bold statement for Halloween, and my first thought was, "I could make that...".

Step one was to dig this simple wreath form out of my Mom's craft closet. Any wreath form will work. A cheap styrofoam form would actually work best because they are light weight, and you can get these at any craft store.


Step two was to pull out the dress up box to get my old black feathered boa that I wore to a dance in high school. I never thought I would find a use for it again! If you don't have a boa on hand, you can get them at craft or costume stores. Wrap the boa around the wreath (you may need more than one to cover the entire surface).

Here is my wreath hanging on my front door. With Halloween right around the corner, this is the perfect way to greet all of those trick-or-treaters who will soon be here!




No comments: