Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Five Minute Centerpiece

This last weekend I had the honor of co-hosting a lingerie shower for my soon to be sister-in-law, Kellie. I planned it with the help of her sister and another bridesmaid, and I can safely say that we had just as much fun planning the event as we did on the night of the party.

The bride's wedding colors are red and teal, so that set the foundation for our color scheme. The evening was a screaming success and I'll share oodles of pictures tomorrow. For tonight I just wanted to give a small preview with a diy for the centerpiece we used on the buffet table.
I am on a budget and don't have a lot of extra dough to spend on decor, so I got crafty and searched my house (and my mom's). The vases and candles were items we already had on hand. I think it's a great idea to invest in 3-5 similar looking clear glass vases. You'll always be glad to have them on hand. 3-5 is a good number because in decorating you always want to group odd numbers of items together. It's more pleasing aesthetically to the eye.

I tied red and teal ribbons around the vases and filled them with bright colorful flowers. To give some height to the grouping I used a white cake stand that I already had on hand. So simple. So chic. So quick!

No comments: