Thursday, August 20, 2009

We Made It...well sort of

We've said farewell to our life in the city and have begun to dig our way out of the mountains of boxes to begin this next phase of life. (Thank you to all of the family and friends who helped make this move possible!) Although the condo is now empty, we're still not done moving. We ran out of time to use the moving truck, so we ended up dumping all of the smaller boxes in my parents garage (Thanks for letting us take of a bay of your garage!). We plan on using a trailer next week to haul the rest of our stash to our storage unit.

It has recently become a dream, and maybe a goal, to have professional movers move all of my things for me. I have a strong dislike for packing up, hauling around and unpacking. It has brought on an urge to purge anything extra we may have lying around. I can't even tell you how many times over the past few weeks I've said to Adam, "Have you been using that recently? Let's donate it." (Thank you to the Salvation Army for your pick up service. You are wonderful, and if you come by in another week I'll have another bag of goodies for you to take away.).
Well, I thought I would leave you with a little inspiration for the day. I think these ice cream cone cupcakes would be adorable for a kid's birthday party. I found the recipe over at Papery and Cakery. Check out their website and you'll be inspired!

No comments: