Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chocolate Cups

I'm sure you've been salivating as you wait for the promised how-to for my chocolate cups. In the last Daring Baker's challenge, the Chocolate Valentino, I created these chocolate cups to hold coffee ice cream. Oh yum! I wish I had some now! They were quite easy and can be used for so many different treats. I'm already planning a dessert for berry season!

So here goes...start by placing paper cups in your muffin pan. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. The amount of chocolate depends on how many cups you're making. I would say you need an overflowing handful per muffin cup. Using a kitchen paint brush, paint a THICK layer of chocolate on all sides of the muffin cups. If it's not thick enough the cup will fall apart (no worries if it does. Just re-melt the chocolate and try again).

Once you have your cups covered, place the muffin pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes. After they are fully chilled, carefully pop out the hardened chocolate and peel off the paper. Fill with whatever your little heart desires...
And enjoy!

No comments: