Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chocolate + Coffee = Yum!


(Photo a HouseLewis Original)

Most days I have two little treats. The first is a cup of coffee with a little cream and sugar in the morning. I prefer to sip while sitting in a chair overlooking the morning fog on the lake...but my desk chair overlooking my morning emails will have to do. My second treat is a piece of chocolate in the afternoon. It's the perfect pick-me-up as the day begins to drag.

The other day while working on another cooking project (which you'll hear about very soon), I decided to make a combination of these two treats and created chocolate covered coffee beans. They were so simple and SO delicious!

Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
1/2 cup whole coffee beans
3/4 cup chocolate chips

1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler (or if you're like me and don't have a double boiler, boil water in a sauce pan and melt chocolate in a glass bowl placed on top of the sauce pan).

2. Pour coffee beans into melted chocolate. Stir until coated.

3. Remove and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. Separate beans as best you can so they are not touching.

4. Place cookie sheet in the fridge for 20 minutes and then enjoy!

5. Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were so yummy :)